Thursday, January 22, 2009

Randomness

1) This week-on-week-off thing isn't working for the children or me.
2) Ruthie is amazing. With her, my heart becomes open, I accept myself, and I become more centered.
3) Something has happened since last weekend. I am more relaxed, more comfortable. My health is better, I like myself more, and I'm craving comfort food. The very fact that I can eat more than once every few days is a miracle, but now not only am I eating, I'm eating hearty meals twice a day! My soul needs nourishment from all directions: food, friendship, love, children, everything. I'm as hungry as hungry can be.

This is disjointed, and I recognize that. So I will end on this lovely note by Dorothy Parker, whose acidity suits me to a tee these days.

"Triolet"
Give back the heart that I gave;
Keeping it never can mend it.
See, I can smile, and be brave,
Give back the heart that I gave,
Hold it no more as your slave--
I've got a new place to send it.
Give back the heart that I gave;
Keeping it never can mend it.

No comments: