Sunday, March 23, 2008

Freaky Food

I don't know why, but today I've been thinking about what a wierdo I am. There are so many food quirks I have, and I'm so pleased that Steve knows most of them, so I don't really have to explain myself anymore. Here are a few:

* I adore Lucky Charms.

* I really like hot tea (particularly Irish Breakfast), but only if I can have 2 ice cubes in it.

* I really like iced tea, too, but without any ice. Unless it's a super-hot day, then ice is acceptable.

* The best breakfast, in my opinion, is room temperature iced tea and an old fashioned donut.

* I prefer red wine to white.

* My favorite food ever is my mom's veggie spaghetti. I'll give you the recipe sometime.

* When I eat spaghetti, I use my fork and knife to cut "slices" about 1" apart, all in one direction (left to right). Then I turn the plate 1/4 turn and do the same, so it's all criss-cross and in perfectly manageable bite-sized pieces. This does not apply to veggie spaghetti.

* I'm not a fan of drinking milk. It kind of grosses me out, UNLESS I'm eating veggie spaghetti or sometimes with pizza.

* Scrambled eggs are icky, unless prepared by me or my mom. Otherwise, they turn my stomach something awful.

* Rice Chex is not yummy plain or with bananas. It is only yummy with fresh strawberries.

* McCann's Steel Cut oatmeal is the bomb. Yummers, yum, yum. I will take just about any kind of oatmeal, and the more kinds of fruit I can put on it, the better. The best oatmeal I ever had included raisins, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries, fresh bananas, and it was delicious. NO MILK IN MY OATMEAL!!! That's just disgusting.

* I never drink the last few sips of my latte. You can't see the bottom of the cup, and you just never know what's lurking down there.

* I always love malt vinegar on my fries.

* Given the choice, I really prefer to drink with a straw. A little more sanitary that way, methinks.

That's all I can think of in these 5 minutes, just off the top of my head. Am I the only one with these oddities, or do you, too, have Food Freakiness? Please share! (Especially you, Lesley.)

No comments: