Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm Getting Old!

I bought a new computer today. While it is exciting and fun, and I think my new MacBook is the prettiest piece of technology since the iPod I bought 3 years ago, it ages me. I have so much to learn with this new contraption! Strangely, it's not my increasing numbers of gray hairs, nor my dwindling patience, and not even my sagging body that makes me feel old. It's my steep learning curve with this new computer. It's not nearly as intuitive as learning used to be. I pride myself on being tech-savvy. Three weeks ago I built a website from scratch, something I had never done before! My bosses ask me to fix their email problems, thinking I'm the greatest thing since drag-and-drop, but here I have what is supposed to be a very simple thing and I'm a crazy mess! How do I get my email folders? How do I get my Palm calendar to synch with iCal, and my Palm contacts to synch with this Address Book? And perhaps most importantly, why isn't my iTunes synching all my music? [If you know the answers to these questions, please email me pronto!] In a few months, I will have mastered this, I'm sure, and believe me, I'll be all puffed up with pride from this accomplishment as much as any other achievement. It's really all about the little things in life.

No comments: