Thursday, August 14, 2008

An Out of Body Experience

I am not myself these days. Two years ago I was preggers with our son, and eating two bowls of ice cream every day. I figured that this was most likely my last pregnancy, so I was darn well going to enjoy the heck out of it. Looking back, I must have thought that the baby fat would melt off, as it did with my daughter. However, I did not count on two factors this time around:

1. That I am 7 years older than I was with Kathryn and weight is a little harder to lose.
2. That I would be more tired with two and therefore less excited about exercise.
3. That when the baby was 5 months old, I would break my leg, have surgery, be on 7 weeks of bedrest, and be weaker ever after.

I look at myself in the mirror, now, and it's just not my body. I'm not supposed to be this size. My tummy has always been flat and now it's not. And back fat? Puh-lease!

For whatever reason, God has given the gift of motivation to two of my favorite people. My brother, Peter, who is currently living with us, is in training for running a marathon. And my oldest, dearest friend, Ruthie, is now seriously working toward being a yoga instructor. And believe it or not, they inspire me! I don't know what this will lead me toward, but I've had it with this wretched body of mine. Getting up early is out, and I'm beat by dinner time, and it's hard as all get-out to get out of the house without my children, but maybe there's a routine I can establish that will help get me back in shape. Send me happy exercise vibes.

1 comment:

Linda Vujnov said...

Consider yourself "good vibed!"