Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where Heaven is Located

I am in heaven, and it is located in Santa Cruz, California. My aunt recently finished building her dream house, here. It is in a secluded spot (I didn't realize there was any seclusion left for sale in California!), overlooking a little valley with big trees and a little river, and in the distance is the Monterrey Bay. It is quiet, except for the crickets, has a beauty that has no choice but to provoke peace within, and soon it will be filled with my extended family, whom I love so much. Not to mention, the cooking here is to die for.

The peace and quiet I am now enjoying will soon be replaced by frivolity and joy. My son will wake up from his nap, and in the next few days our number will reach 19, all here to celebrate Marce's 50th birthday. I am so fortunate to be from a family that loves each other enough to gather like this. We are a spirited group, a little shrill when excited, but that means we are passionate about our convictions, including devotion to one another. All that said, by Sunday I'm sure I'll be really ready for those marguaritas that Uncle Dean makes.

1 comment:

nutmeg said...

I'm jealous. Of the marguaritas of course...