Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Wide Open Spaces

On Friday the child and I are headed to The Farm in Esmond, North Dakota! I SOOOOO need a getaway, and seeing as this is close to the geographic center of North America and I am a coastal dweller, this is about as far a getaway as I can imagine. I hope I fall in love with it. It could truly become a great escape. I think it'll be like a very large sensory deprivation chamber. Very restful. I just bought a fabulous new quilting tote, so even my little iron fits in it. I'll be bringing that, lots of games, a few books (if the child allows me to read)... any recommendations? I've been singing loudly to the Dixie Chicks. Cowboy Take Me Away sums me up right now. I even have a cowboy in mind. :-) I'll keep y'all posted on this new adventure. Then it's back to work for a month. After that project, we'll have Disneyland in SoCal, then hopefully back to the farm, and then to Michigan for 2 weeks at the end of August. I'm going to treat myself to a few days in Chicago with friends. It's shaping up to be a great summer! Y'all keep in touch. Miss you, my darlings!

No comments: