Saturday, May 07, 2005

Working Mommy again

Oh, how I wanted to be the contented housewife, merrily shepherding my brood, gleefully planning menus, showing up at mass on Sunday as the picture of domestic bliss. Alas, twas not to be. I started working again last month, and I love it guiltlessly! I purr at showing that I'm good at something. Although the challenges are frustrating, conquering them can only be described as heady. Shall we discuss how nice it is to be among adults, and have the ability to discuss something other than home and hearth? True, I need more practice at that, but I'm getting there. I come home in the evening, and we all have had a full but separate day! I think even the child is enjoying more independence. Then there are the other rewards: shoes. Yes, I am earning my own money, so I can buy shoes without explanation! Yipee! So bring it on, I'm ready for more.

No comments: