Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ideas, Please

Alright, dear readers (are there readers out there?). I need your input. As you know, I was recently the victim of a corporate merger, and have been unceremoniously scootched out of a job. Sadly, publishing jobs are few and far between here in the Pacific Northwest. I love-love-love the idea of making books. The world of ideas is my homeland. If I could live my life with my nose buried in words, I would.

What now? I have to work to keep us afloat, so staying home with my children is not an option. I've been doing sales for the past few years, but I just don't know if that's where I want to be. I'm good at it because I enjoy people, but it doesn't really seem like ME. I like having projects. Something I can organize and deatils I can break down. I love studying, especially theology, but working in a church isn't so much fun.

Somebody help me, please! We have until January 1 to find me a new job, and hopefully with it, a new career. I'm tired of jumping around, I'd love to fall in love and commit to meaningful work. I just need some creative input.

1 comment:

Team Goldman said...

I am considering a life as a hermit, and that is only because it is the best idea I have.

Wow, now who's the most negative person ever? That's right, me.